Sunday, September 25, 2005

Lest I forget, SDFF also features panels related to the movie industry. I had the chance to attend two of those: Are you Serious about Screenplay Writing and Anatomy of the Industry. They were excellent. I won't write much about them as it is important to attend these sessions if you want to get anything out of them. However, I do have a comment. It seems to me that it is a good idea to start the festival early and end it early or start late and end late--but not both. People who work can generally not make it to events before 2:00 P.M. or so (after all, we have to work and be able to rest). I find that 12 hours+ are hard to devote to something--even if it is a passion. But, we can all swing 8-10 hours if the work situation allows it. Just a thought in terms of programming and a way to promote better attendance. Mukul Khurana

No comments: