Monday, September 26, 2005

I am not big on parties, but I feel I should comment on the "other" events at the festival. The gala on the opening night at Jimmy Love's was a tight squeeze. So, I just dropped in to greet some friends and acquaintances and left. The "After Hours Happy Hour" party at the Sidebar was supposed to be accessible to passholders, but they insisted on charging everyone entrance--also very crowded. The "Industry Night Party" was more of a social mixer, but again gave me the opportunity to meet and greet some known people. I would have to say that the "Actor's Ball & Awards Ceremony" was the best social event of the festival. John Walsh and Joan Collins were in attendance. Walsh who helps catch fugitives with the help of TV audiences, received a humanitarian award. He gave a good speech about child exploitation. However, I am not discouraging others from going to the parties. Make them better with your presence--maybe larger venues? Mukul Khurana

No comments: